BackgroundPost-Graduate Diploma in Public Health and Hospital Management for Nursing and Allied Health Professionals is one year distance learning program for Nursing, AYUSH and Allied Health Professionals. The course will be taught by a multi- disciplinary team from IIPHG and colleagues from other institutes of Public Health Foundation of India (PHFI)
ObjectivesFocus on introducing concepts and process of Hospital management and services to nursing and allied health professionals for motivating them to enter in the field of Healthcare/Hospital management. To equip learners with understanding of Hospital operations, Quality management systems and Emerging public health issues thereby leading to decision making skills. To develop conceptual skills, personality and ability as leaders for continuous professional development.
The applicant should be either a student or a graduate in General Nurse Midwifery / BSc Nursing / BSc Post Basic / Msc. Nursing / Pharmacy / Physiotherapy / AYUSH stream / Dental science / Laboratory Technicians. The course is also open to graduates of any other streams if they possess relevant experience in health sector.
The course will also be useful to the following:
• Graduates from other systems of alternative medicine or paramedical sciences inclined to take up public health and/or hospital management as a career.
• Professionals working in teaching, research, consultancy agencies in nursing, medicine, health and development sectors.
• Professionals from NGOs working in the area of health and development and professionals from clinical research institutions.
EvaluationEvaluation will be through online based written assignments, short tests, module exams & participation in online interactive sessions.
Mode of DeliveryPost - Graduate Diploma in Public Health and Hospital Management for Nursing and Allied Health Professionals is computer-based distance learning programs. The programs will be based on a combination of fortnightly online lectures (asynchronous), inter-active discussion board, electronically submitted assignments supported with recommended readings from journals and books.
- Starts: 05 Nov, 2017
- Last date for applying: 05 Nov, 2017
- Duration: 1 Year
- Brochure: Download
- Program Fee: Indian: 36000 INR , South Asian Candidates : SAARC states "Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka".600 USD , Other International Candidates: 1200 USD