Post Graduate Diploma in Health Promotion (PGD-HP) was launched at Public Health Foundation of India in 2011 with technical inputs from Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Keck School of Medicine, University of Southern California.
Aim and Objectives
The program aims to build understanding of core concepts of health promotion in participants and its application in designing, implementation and evaluation of health promotion programs.
Course Design and Duration
The total duration of the course is One Year and it's an online distance learning program.
Applicants should have at least a Bachelor's degree in Public health / Medicine/ Dentistry/ Nursing/ Pharmacy/ Psychology/ Biological Sciences/ Social Sciences/ Allied Health Sciences or equivalent..
The initial 8 months of this course are assigned to learning core concepts of health promotion:
- Basic public health skills: epidemiology, biostatistics and critical appraisal of scientific literature
- History, theories and models of health promotion and behavior change
- Planning, Developing and Implementing Health Promotion
- Methodologies/ tools involved for evaluating health promotion programmes and policies
- Prevention and Control of Non Communicable Diseases
- Tobacco Control
- Reproductive, Maternal, Neonatal, Child and Adolescent Health (RMNCH+A)
- Oral Health
Teaching and course delivery methodology
The course is being delivered in distance learning mode using Moodle (an open-source LMS) as its Learning Management System. LMS is web-based and can be accessed from any browser connected to Internet. LMS provides a virtual classroom experience to both students and faculty members. Unlike on-campus classes, online class lectures remain available for rest of the course duration, once they are available on LMS. However, students are strongly encouraged to go through the lecture and attempt its quiz in its allotted duration without accumulating unread course material and pending assignments.
Candidates will be evaluated on the basis of their response and performance in the uploaded quiz, assignments and participation in discussion forum. Evaluation will, hence, be an ongoing, continuous and comprehensive process.
- Duration: 1 Year
- Brochure: Download
- Program Fee: Indian: 36000 INR , South Asian Candidates : SAARC states "Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka".600 USD , Other International Candidates: 1200 USD