Public Health system is the principal means to deliverand contribute to policy goals it is the system that actually plans, finances, manages and monitors health services. India faces many public health challenges today but the biggest public health challenge plaguing India is the paucity of well trained public health workforce. This diploma course is in response to enhance the capacities of public health functionaries across all levels for timely, reliable, efficient, effective and quality public health service delivery. Hence this programme is specially designed for potential public health managers working government public health system as well as community based organization and national and international NGOs to impart the knowledge and skills necessary to optimize public health service delivery.
Aims and ObjectivesTo enhance the public health competencies of health workforce for improved service delivery and management.
- To develop in depth understanding of public health issues, analyze various health system models and policies, and health seeking pattern and behavior of individuals and communities.
- To develop capacity in planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluating health service delivery through various approaches and methods for effective and efficient public health service delivery.
Course Design and DurationThe course is designed as a one year post graduate diploma program delivered in a distance learning mode. It involves virtual lectures, group interactions, self reading, exercises and assignments.
- Applicants currently engaged in public health related activities such as health professionals working with directorates of health services, AYUSH, central and state governments, officials engaged in health services at national, state and district level government institutions.
- Applicants engaged in health services with National Health Programmes like National Rural Health Mission, Integrated Disease Surveillance Project, National Vector Borne Disease Control Programme, etc.
- Applicants with graduate/post-graduate qualifications in medical and allied fields. The candidates with relevant work experience in public health with health related organizations/NGO's would be given preference.
Course ContentsThere will be ten modules spread over one year duration. Each module will run for four weeks with one lecture each week. Each module has equal credits. The course will be divided into two semesters of six months each. Before the actual classes commence, an initial online orientation session is scheduled to allow students and the faculty to interact and develop potential working and study group.
Teaching and Training Methodology
It is a distance learning program with 1 prerecorded lecture (for approximately 1 hour duration) and 6 hours of self reading per week. Besides, there will be a group interaction once every fortnight (for approximately 90 minutes duration). The variety of teaching/learning techniques includes self-reading, online sessions and discussion with mentors through the discussion board. There will also be an e-mail tutorial support and group discussion through a web based system. English is the main language for instructions. Faculty with diverse disciplinary backgrounds, national and international experience combined with a breadth and depth of public health knowledge will teach this course.
The participants shall be assessed on the basis of online assessments that they have submitted over the entire duration of the programme for all the 10 modules. Students have to secure good grades for each module separately. Individual modules have 40% contribution to the final scores.Final evaluation shall also have 10% weight of discussion boards and 50% weight of final examinations.
- Last date for applying: 25 Aug, 2018
- Duration: 1 Year
- Brochure: Download
- Program Fee: Indian: 36000 INR , South Asian Candidates : SAARC states "Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka".600 USD , Other International Candidates: 1200 USD