eCourse on Clinical Validation of Products for Entrepreneurs and Start Ups is a three-month eLearning program designed to cover basics of epidemiology and various epidemiological studies for product validation. The course has been developed by Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPHG).
Background: eCourse on Clinical Validation of Products for Entrepreneurs and Start Ups is a three-month eLearning program designed to cover basics of epidemiology and various epidemiological studies for product validation. The course has been developed by Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar (IIPHG). It will be delivered by a multidisciplinary team from IIPHG and experts from the Industries.
During the past two decades, India has witnessed major changes in technology development, heralding an information age. As a result of the information and communication boom, a combination of new technologies is being used to obtain, disseminate, and share information as never before. moreover, social media has become a powerful tool to share ideas and solutions in almost all spheres of daily life. This offers great opportunities to incorporate technology for bringing better health to populations at large. With information and communication devices available even in remote villages, there is a potential that technology could revolutionize health service delivery too and can assist in developing an efficient and people-centered health care system.
A key gap amongst the start-ups is their ability to move their products after reaching proof-of-concept stages especially through the clinical validation, adoption, and market entry besides raising capital.
Aim and purpose: Indian Institute of Public Health Gandhinagar with its expertise in multi-disciplinary science is best positioned to offer a program on clinical validation of medical products. It will help participants to:
• Understand the basics of epidemiology and various epidemiological studies for product validation.
• Basics of Statistics and Interpret and undertake analysis of clinical studies.
• Plan and implement the clinical studies for the validation of products
• Understand the ethical issues of clinical studies
• Learn from the experts from the industries.
List of modules:
1. Basics of epidemiology
2. Introduction to Study Designs & Clinical Studies (RCT, Non-RCT)
3. Study Design (Sample Size Calculation, Methodology)
4. Management & Planning of Data Collection.
5. Data analysis and statistics of clinical studies (Using statistical software).
6. Issues in implementation of clinical studies.
7. Ethical issues in clinical studies.
8. Clinical trial registration.
9. Case study discussion (validation of M interventions).
10. Journey to the market the lesson learned from the industry.
Evaluation/Assessment: Evaluation and assessment of the course will be online based multiple- choice questions, written assignments/proposal.
Target Audience/Eligible Candidates: Entrepreneurs, Start-ups & Innovators, Quality Managers & Engineers. This executive friendly in-depth and comprehensive program is best suited for professionals creating cutting-edge technology solutions in eHealth, Personalized Healthcare, Biotech, Medical Devices, Wearables, Digital Therapeutics, and validation of the product.
- Starts: 15 Aug, 2021
- Last date for applying: 15 Aug, 2021
- Duration: 3 Months
- Brochure: Download
- Program Fee: Indian: 9000 INR , South Asian Candidates : SAARC states "Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka".140 USD , Other International Candidates: 330 USD