Good laboratory practice (GLP) is the cornerstone of laboratory based activities and encompasses resources, protocols, characterization, results and quality assurance.
It is a necessity for any professional laboratory wishing to gain and retain the respect of its employees, clients, regulators, competitors and has enormous use in improving and standardizing the quality of healthcare delivery and health research. Hence, this program is designed for public health and clinical laboratory professionals and supervisors to impart the knowledge and skills necessary to standardize and optimize the service delivery
To enhance the competencies of workforce associated with public health and clinical laboratories for improved service delivery and management as well as grounding in medical and public health ethics
- To equip the participants with appropriate knowledge, skills to undertake general and quality management of laboratory practices and procedures.
- To adequately address quality issues and improve the overall delivery of clinical and public health laboratory services in their facilities/organizations.
- To sensitize the participants with medical and public health ethics issues and to ensure its application in teaching and practice.
The course is designed as 15 weeks certificate program –
- 13 weeks for Public Health and Clinical Laboratory Practice and 2 weeks for Ethics
- This is an online distance learning course involving virtual lectures, group interactions, self-reading, exercises and assignments.
- Applicants currently engaged in clinical and public health laboratories.
- Applicants currently supervising clinical and public health laboratories.
- Applicants must have graduated in health sciences.
The admission to the course will be granted on the basis of selection by Indian Institute of Public Health- Bhubaneswar.
Eligible candidates will be screened objectively, based on their academic qualification, experience and statement of purpose by a specially constituted screening committee of IIPH-B.
It is a distance learning program with pre-recorded lecture (for approximately 1 hour duration) and self-reading per week. Besides, there will be a group interaction (web based) once every fortnight (for approximately 1 hour duration)
- The variety of teaching/learning techniques includes self-reading, online sessions and discussion with mentors through discussion board. There will also be an e-mail tutorial support and group discussion through web based system.
- English is the main language for instructions.
- Faculty with diverse disciplinary backgrounds, national and international experience combined with a breadth and depth of clinical and public health laboratory management knowledge will teach this course.
since the course will be delivered through an online platform, the participants will be required to have access to computers with following minimum configuration:
- Minimum bandwidth of 512 kbps (1mbps recommended).
- RAM: 512 MB and above (1 GB recommended) Processor: Pentium 4 or equivalent and above Supported browsers: Microsoft Internet Explorer 6 or later, Mozilla Firefox 2.x, 3.x r Google Chrome.
- Adobe Flash Player 10.1 for all types of operating systems
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS, Linux, Solaris
- Headset with microphone (web camera optional)
EVALUATION AND AWARD OF CERTIFICATE
- The participants shall be assessed on the basis of online assessments that they have submitted over the entire duration of the program for all the modules.
- Students have to secure good grades for each module separately. Individual modules have 40% contribution to the final scores. Final evaluation shall also have 10% weight of discussion board and 50% weight of final examination(s).
The course is free of cost for Indian Nationals only.
- There will be 12 modules spread over 15 week’s duration. The individual modules will have duration of either one or two weeks with one lecture. Each module is weighted according to its duration.
- The course will be divided into two components viz. ‘Public Health and Clinical Laboratory Practice’ and ‘Public Health and Medical Ethics.
- Before the actual classes commence, an initial online orientation session is scheduled to allow students and the faculty to interact and develop potential working and study groups.
- There will be online examinations at the end of each of the components
NAME OF THE MODULES
Public Health and Clinical Laboratory Practice:
- Introduction to Laboratory Management and Standards of Laboratory Practice.
- Systematic Approach to Sample Collection, Processing and Management.
- Systematic Approach to Laboratory Processes (SOP).
- Laboratory Infrastructure, Resources and Commodity Management.
- Laboratory Quality Management Systems (quality manual, external and internal quality control, quality indicators, accreditation, quality assurance).
- Laboratory Human resource Management and Performance Management Supportive Supervision.
- Laboratory Ethics & Laboratory Safety.
- Laboratory Management Information Systems; Interface with clinicians and health staff.
- Public Health Laboratory Practice and Disease Surveillance.
Public Health and Medical Ethics
- Medical and Clinical Ethics.
- Research Ethics.
- Public Health Ethics.
Eligibility:The course would be open to: - Applicants currently engaged in clinical and public health laboratories. - Applicants currently supervising clinical and public health laboratories. - Applicants must have graduated in health science.
- Last date for applying: 25 Jul, 2020
- Duration: 4 Months
- Brochure: Download
- Program Fee: Indian: 0 INR , South Asian Candidates : SAARC states "Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan and Sri Lanka".0 USD , Other International Candidates: 0 USD